※ EMBA at CJCU
Chang Jung Christian University (CJCU) was established to conduct research, cultivate talented students, promote culture, serve society, and promote national sustainable development. To meet these needs, and foster international links, CJCU has maximized the use of its assets, by integrating teaching resources and teacher expertise to support more departments and graduate programs within each school with the aim of developing a brand of excellence and good reputation within the shortest period of time.
The founding objectives of the EMBA at CJCU are to respond to the needs of the market by recruiting business elites who are interested in the study of business management and have graduated from business related departments and schools. By cultivating professional integration and analysis abilities with an international perspective, the EMBA at CJCU provides for the learning and development of different types of business management characteristics to meet the demands of students and enterprises.
The Executive Master of Business Administration at CJCU was established under the School of Management on August 1, 2000. In 2006, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, the program was renamed as the “Executive Master of Business Administration” (EMBA). Although the program is nowsupervised by the School of Management, an agreement has been reached on the future development of the EMBA based on a profit center concept, under which student recruitment and management efficiency will determine the future of the EMBA. In order to boost EMBA brand image and value, acquisition of key teaching staff and other assets is a high priority. Student recruitment data indicates that more prospective students are interested in the EMBA at CJCU, than are admitted. Only students with excellent performance will graduate from the EMBA and they are prominent figures. The achievements suggest that the EMBA course at CJCU will be known as one of the best in Taiwan and will stand out from the fierce competition. It is the ideal base to cultivate managers with both theoretical understanding and practical operational capabilities.
※ EMBA Mission
The mission of the EMBA at CJCU is to cultivate executive management students with an international perspective and integrated strategic thinking through a practical education program. Students will be equipped with theoretical and practical approaches to problem solving, and with the ability to acquire the comprehensive vision required of executive managers and future leaders of society.
※ Teaching Goal
Along with the development of Asia as a global economic center, the demand for managerial talent hasincreased. The EMBA at CJCU aims to cultivate executive managers with an international perspective and integrated strategic thinking.
Potential students of the EMBA at CJCU are those now in executive managerial positions. The program will help them to put theory and practical work together to facilitate further understanding on management issues. In addition, the integration of the expertise of the teaching staff and the resources at the School of Management, has built an “integrated EMBA” program., which enhances the acquisition of interdisciplinary knowledge byEMBA students. This shouldbroaden their vision of the prospects for the 21st Century, and enhance the competitiveness and operationalcapabilities of individuals and their organizations.
※ Future Development of the EMBA
The development focus of the EMBA at CJCU is to strengthen links between industry and academia, by acting as a bridge for cooperation between the School of Management and industry, and to actively build alliances with the EMBAs of other universities, thereby providing more educational resources for students.
※ Five Advantages of the EMBA at CJCU
1. Experienced teaching faculty with both theoretical and practical background: The teaching faculty includes two former Deans of the School of Business, National Chung Kung University and the Vice President of National Sun Yat-sen University. The research and publication experience of the professors of the EMBA at CJCU is another asset. Students have been frequently awarded for the excellence of their master theses and doctoral dissertations.
2. Advantageous location for close interaction and cooperation with industry: The University is adjacent to the High Speed Rail Tainan Station and Taiwan MRT Datian-CJCU Station and located near the Tainan and Kaohsiung canpuses of the Southern Taiwan Science Park, the Tainan Technology Industrial Park, and the industrial zones of Anping, Baoan, Guantian, and Youngkang. This advantageous location enables the EMBA at CJCU to participate in cooperative relationships with high-tech industry. These relationships include management assistance for the transformation of traditional industry, through theoretical understanding, practical work, teaching, and research. The EMBA at CJCU continues to enhance teaching and research quality, developing links with international development agencies, recruiting international students, hiring professors from abroad, hosting international conferences, and facilitating international academic exchanges in business management. It is a goal of the EMBA at CJCU to think globally and act locally during the cultivation of its executive managers.
3. A Program with an established history: Like the EMBA programs at National Cheng Kung University and National Sun Yat-sen University, the EMBA at CJCU has long been established. With many outstanding graduates, the program is prominent in both academia and industry. The founding of the Alumni Association, the think tank and the human resource platform, unifies registered students and graduates.
4. Unique and innovative curriculum design：
5. Synergistic learning effect of integration with the School of Business
In the current dynamic, high tech, globalised business environment, core business managers now face tremendous competitive pressure. Survival depends on continuous learning. The EMBA at CJCU addresses the continuous learning needs of executive managers with high quality business management education,. The “integrated EMBA” program is designed to broaden the interdisciplinary knowledge of students, cultivate their visionary perspective for the 21st Century, and enhance individual competiveness.
※ Program Introduction
Term of study : 1-4 years
--Graduation requirements :
45 credits(including 6 credits for the master thesis), first year students are not allowed to take more than 15 credits and no less than 6 credits; second year students should take at least 3 credits (exclusive of the thesis).
--Credit transfer :
Graduate students can apply for credit transfer for courses offered by the EMBA at CJCU, but the total credit transfer should be limited to no more than half of the courses taken outside the program and the courses should relate to the EMBA. Nine credits and 15 credits is the maximum transfer number for courses respectively taken out of the program and in the program.
Bachelor degree holders of both domestic and international universities approved by the Ministry of Education; or equal education qualifications with proof of at least four years (inclusive) work experience.
A. Work experience and professional achievements
1. Work seniority (service proof required)
2. Vocational or professional license
3. Professional work achievement, including:
(1) Individual career and achievement;
(2) Award record;
(3) Creation, patent, invention, and publication;
(4) Two recommendation letters;
B. Skill acquisition and special performance
1. Autobiography or report of professional work;
2. Study plan or research plan;
3. Special performance;
4. Other supporting document.
<<EMBA OFFICE INFORMATION>>
**Supervisor of EMBA:
Name: Prof. Yao Lin Ong
**Administrative Assistant of EMBA:
Name: Ms. Su-yueh Cheng (Vicky)